About The Study
This study is being conducted to assess the safety and tolerability of an oral liquid solution of Sustiva® for antiretroviral therapy-naive or therapy-experienced HIV-1 infected children between the ages of 3-16 who are failing or intolerant of their current antiretroviral regimen and who are unable to swallow Sustiva® capsules.
More details for the program are available on ClinicalTrials.gov.
- Children 3-16 years of age
- Anti-retroviral naive or experienced
- Failing or intolerant to current anti-retroviral (ARV) regimen
- Limited available viable therapeutic options
- Inability to take capsules/tablets
- Weighs less than 10 kg
- Failure on or concomitant use of other non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs)
- An active AIDS-defining opportunistic infection or disease
- More than two episodes of moderate to severe diarrhea or vomiting lasting more than four days within the past three months